In preparation for the ski season Christian has been fixing our gear. Here is his account of the reason projects:
Made a new ski-rack for the gear room. It can hold 16 pairs of skis (4 across by 4 deep; or double that for XC skis). We actually only have 12 pairs of skis in the house right now, including 2 that don't belong to us, but it holds all the poles too. It's way better than the old plastic garbage bin we used to just throw them all in.
Fixed two core shots in Line's ski, by cutting pieces of base material out of a "donor ski", epoxying them in place, and smoothing everything out flat. It was good to have the donor ski to practice on.
Resoling Line's Boots. I cut off the old sole and epoxied on the fore-foot section last week. This weekend I trimmed the edges, sculpted the toe area a bit so that the boot interfaced properly with the tech-toe, and set up the heel block. The the heel block is currently clamped and curing... should be ready to trim this week. Pleased with the results so far - the sole showed no signs of separating during trimming/sanding, and I fully flexed the bellows without any scary cracking sounds.
Say Nuth Khaw Yum
Discovery Islands Bike loop
East Coast Trail
Recent tips and thought
Pandemic pondering and wandering
Tweaking our haul-a-day
Making kids crampons
Digging a snowcave
Make a kid towing harness